Teaching Diversity During Pride Month
March 29, 2021
By now you’ve heard the good news that LeafSpring School at Cornelius is opening this fall. No need to have FOMO, we are now enrolling and still have spots available for infants through age 13. Just reach out via our contact us form and our team will give you all the info you need to know about tuition, curriculum, facilities, technology, and more. Until then, here are some tidbits about our programs and who we are:
- Nursery School – Your children are your most precious gift and we are so honored that you’d consider letting us care for your babies. We have years of experience teaching young children about the world around them through play. We incorporate movement, wellness, and social activities into our daily routine and help your child achieve developmental milestones. But don’t worry, YOU are still the parent, so we partner with you to make sure we are on the same page about the goals and specific needs for your child.
- Preschool – Potty training and sippy cups? We are SO much more than that. Our preschool teaches young children about the world around them through independent and group activities. We hold their hand as they become confident “little kids” who can walk, talk, eat, and use the potty on their own.
- Pre-K – A step up from preschool, our pre-K classes get your child ready for the routine of kindergarten. We teach them the foundation of reading, writing, and math, as well as leadership skills, so they enter kindergarten ready to learn and lead.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) – This program offers your child the chance to develop school readiness skills before they enter the kindergarten setting.
- Before and After School Recreation – Our bus will pick up your school-age child and transport them to school and back to our Village, a separate building on our campus designed to be a place they feel at home in. Its innovative design gives them the freedom to choose their activities, meet new friends, and get a headstart on homework before they leave for the day.
- Get Well Place – You’ve never seen anything like this. Our Get Well Place is staffed by a licensed nurse. If your child gets sick in the middle of the day, we will call you and ask if you would like them to go to the Get Well Place to be cared for until you can pick them up. This is a separate clinic on-site with a homey feel. Your child can relax and get extra special care while so they can start to feel better. Additionally, members of the community can register to drop their child off if they need sick child care. Obviously, with the current pandemic, our policies are a bit stricter than normal to help keep our community safe. Feel free to ask about this when we chat.
What do you think? Do you have questions? Shoot us an email or give us a call! We can’t wait to meet you!